Cashew Sour Cream
Here’s a quick and delicious plant-based sour cream!
This stuff is sooo good. A staple in our kitchen, we top it on almost everything–wraps, tacos, veggie burgers and more. You could even use it as a mayo sub in sandwiches.
The special creamy ingredient is soaked cashews. Not only does it make this recipe super smooth, soaking nuts release their life force, neutralizes enzyme inhibitors, and makes them easier to digest.
This super easy cashew sour cream enhances any dish–an especially helpful recipe for plant-based newbies who need a satisfying dairy sour cream alternative.
Cashew Sour Cream
Yields: 1 ¼ cups
Ready In: 10 mins
Good For: Lunch, Dinner
Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Raw
- 1 cup raw cashews
- ½ cup water
- 1½ Tbsp lemon juice
- ¾ tsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Soak raw cashews overnight, covered in about 2 inches of water. Or, soak for about 10 minutes in hot water.
- Drain cashews after soaking.
- To a high powered blender, add all ingredients and blend until smooth and creamy. If it gets a little stuck, stop the blender to scrape down sides, and add a bit more water.
- Transfer to fridge and cool for at least an hour. The chilling thickens the cream, and enhances the taste. But if you can’t wait, go ahead and use it strait from the blender. It’s still really good 😉
- Enjoy as a cream in wraps, on top of baked potatoes, dolloped on chili, or as a dip for veggies. We love it drenched on ground walnut meat soft tacos!
Note: Keeps for about a week in the fridge, and frozen in cubes for a month. Recipe adapted from Oh She Glows.
Did you make this recipe? Tag @cmhsocial on Instagram and hashtag it #cmhsocial
Three Game-Changers I Wish I Knew
BEFORE GOING PLANT-BASED
Want to transition to a plant-based diet without all the fuss?
I'll give you a FREE 3-part email series packed with 15+ years of my life-tested strategies to JUMPSTART your plant-based game for the win!
In the future, you'll also receive tips, recipes and resources to thrive on a plant-based diet. Your information is secure and will not be shared. Unsubscribe at any time.
Hey friend, I'm Mel!
I'm a certified health coach, plant-based food instructor, and certified personal trainer. My passion is helping people like you transition to a plant-based diet, with easy step-by-step strategies that work. I'm committed to empowering you to heal through a plant-based lifestyle so you can freely live out your God-given purpose, and thrive. Let's start today!
Join The Conversation!