Ginger Sesame Asparagus
Savory Ginger Sesame Asparagus–a super easy and tasty side dish for the holidays, or any occasion! Deliciousness in 15 minutes! This Ginger Sesame Asparagus is a twist on the classic veggie side-dish, that includes a hint of international fusion with the merge of ginger, coconut aminos (to sub soy sauce), and sesame–reminiscent of Asian cuisine flavors.
And it’s so good. And sooo easy to make. Always a winner. And always a great way to spice up an already delicious tasting veggie.
It’s also awfully elegant on the table spread, and an awesome complement to this Vegan Pumpkin Soup ft. Sweet Plantain, Chickpea Walnut Apple Loaf, and Spiced Cranberry-Mango Sauce, for a stellar holiday menu.
Try this recipe and let us know how you like it! Leave a comment and don’t forget to tag a photo #cmhsocial on Instagram.
Enjoy, friends! The perfect veggie side-dish to complement any entree! Easy and done in 15 minutes.
Ginger Sesame Asparagus
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Good For: Lunch, Dinner
- 1lb of asparagus washed
- 2 tbsp of coconut aminos
- 1 tsp of freshly grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp of maple syrup
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp of grapeseed or coconut oil
- 1 tsp of sesame oil
- 1 tbsp of sesame seeds
- To taste, salt and cayenne
- Wash asparagus and trim about an inch off the ends. Set aside.
- Heat a cast-iron or metal skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add 1 tbsp of oil.
- Add minced garlic, sesame seeds, grated ginger, and saute for about 2 minutes, stirring frequently and making sure it doesn’t burn.
- Next add asparagus, coconut aminos, maple syrup, a pinch of salt and cayenne pepper.
- Cook for about 4-5 minutes until the asparagus is tender, but crisp.
- Remove the skillet from heat then drizzle on your sesame oil and mix in. A little goes a long way so be careful to only add a teaspoon, unless you want it extra sesame 🙂
- Garnish with sesame seeds.
Did you make this recipe? Tag @cmhsocial on Instagram and hashtag it #cmhsocial
Three Game-Changers I Wish I Knew
BEFORE GOING PLANT-BASED
Want to transition to a plant-based diet without all the fuss?
I'll give you a FREE 3-part email series packed with 15+ years of my life-tested strategies to JUMPSTART your plant-based game for the win!
In the future, you'll also receive tips, recipes and resources to thrive on a plant-based diet. Your information is secure and will not be shared. Unsubscribe at any time.
Hey friend, I'm Mel!
I'm a certified health coach, plant-based food instructor, and certified personal trainer. My passion is helping people like you transition to a plant-based diet, with easy step-by-step strategies that work. I'm committed to empowering you to heal through a plant-based lifestyle so you can freely live out your God-given purpose, and thrive. Let's start today!
Join The Conversation!