Spiced Cranberry-Mango Sauce
Classic cranberry sauce meets the beloved mango and a fusion of spices to create a super easy and delicious sauce, perfect for any holiday or festive occasion!
If you’re looking for an easy wow factor for your holiday spread, you found it! It’s a cranberry sauce that combines the classical holiday sauce, with an extra punch of the cinnamon, anise and clove to create a super warm, fall spice flavor. To top it off, the mango adds a touch of island flair. Simply yummy!
This recipe is an awesome complement to this Vegan Pumpkin Soup ft. Sweet Plantain, Chickpea Walnut Apple Loaf, and Ginger Sesame Asparagus, for a stellar holiday menu.
Try this recipe and let us know how you like it! Leave a comment and don’t forget to tag a photo #choosingmyhealth on Instagram. Enjoy, friends!
The perfect thanksgiving or holiday veggie side-dish to complement any entree! Easy and done in 15 minutes.
Spiced Cranberry-Mango Sauce
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Good For: Dinner
- 1 cup water
- 1 12-oz bag cranberries
- 1 1/2 cup mango puree
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 whole star anise
- 6 cloves
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- sprinkle lemon zest
- Rinse cranberries and make sure to remove any unwanted berries.
- Next, add a cup of water to a saucepan on medium heat, along with star anise, clove, and cinnamon. Let this boil for about 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, blend mango for mango puree (fresh or thawed mango chunks both work well in this recipe).
- Remove any unwanted cloves and/or star anise in pot.
- Add cranberries, mango puree, maple syrup and lemon zest.
- Lower heat and stir occasionally for about 10 minutes until mixture thickens.
- Take the back of your spoon and press any remaining cranberries until you reach desired consistency.
- Taste and adjust flavor as desired–more maple syrup for sweetener, more cinnamon for spice.
Note: Remove whole spices (star anise and clove) before serving. Alternatively, the spices can be boiled in a spice bag or spice/tea ball for easy removal. Sauce keeps in the fridge for a week. Freezer for a month.
Did you make this recipe? Tag @cmhsocial on Instagram and hashtag it #choosingmyhealth
Three Game-Changers I Wish I Knew
BEFORE GOING PLANT-BASED
Want to transition to a plant-based diet without all the fuss?
I'll give you a FREE 3-part email series packed with 15+ years of my life-tested strategies to JUMPSTART your plant-based game for the win!
In the future, you'll also receive tips, recipes and resources to thrive on a plant-based diet. Your information is secure and will not be shared. Unsubscribe at any time.
Hey friend, I'm Mel!
I'm a certified holistic nutritionist, certified health coach, plant-based food instructor, and a certified personal trainer. My passion is helping people like you transition to a plant-based diet, with easy step-by-step strategies that work. I'm committed to empowering you to heal through a plant-based lifestyle so you can freely live out your God-given purpose and thrive. Let's start today!
Join The Conversation!