Sweet Potato Carob Truffles
Sweet and gooey!
Whoever said being plant-based means losing some of the edible pleasures of life? Not I!
These truffles are so versatile and can be coated in many different flavors. They taste awesome rolled in crushed pistachios and coconut! I just happen to love sweet potatoes and carob, so these always hit the spot for me. They’re super simple to make and deliver a winning dessert so good, I bet you can’t stop at just one.
I’ve made these with my kids many times, and they love it! Heads up! It gets a little messy with the kiddos but I kinda like seeing their messy happy faces too 🙂
Try this recipe and let me know how you like it! Leave a comment and don’t forget to tag a photo #choosingmyhealth on Instagram. Enjoy, friends!
Sweet Potato Carob Truffles
Prep Time: 15 mins to 1 hr (if sweet potato needs to bake) + freeze time (1-2 hrs)
Good For: Dessert, Snack
- 1/2 cup sweet potato purée
- 1 cup medjool dates
- 5 tbsp carob powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 tbs of almond butter
- 1 cup almond flour
- Crushed Pistachio
- Shredded Coconut
- Carob Powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking pan with parchment paper
- Bake a large sweet potato for 45 minutes
- Scoop out a cup of sweet potato purée
- Combine all ingredients (potato purée, dates, carob powder, vanilla, almond butter, and almond flour) in the food processor and process until it makes a firm, sticky dough. If too sticky, add some more almond flour.
- Shape into truffle sized balls
- Roll in topping of choice (crushed pistachio pieces, shredded coconut and/or carob powder)
- Place in the freezer for 1-2 hours
- Bake sweet potato ahead of time so purée is ready when needed (maybe while meal prepping a big batch of baked sweet potatoes for the week 😉 Once ready, prep time is about 15 minutes.
- Tastes best when chilled in the freezer
- Keeps in the fridge for a week, and frozen for up to a month
Did you make this recipe? Tag @cmhsocial on Instagram and hashtag it #choosingmyhealth
Three Game-Changers I Wish I Knew
BEFORE GOING PLANT-BASED
Want to transition to a plant-based diet without all the fuss?
I'll give you a FREE 3-part email series packed with 15+ years of my life-tested strategies to JUMPSTART your plant-based game for the win!
In the future, you'll also receive tips, recipes and resources to thrive on a plant-based diet. Your information is secure and will not be shared. Unsubscribe at any time.
Hey friend, I'm Mel!
I'm a certified holistic nutritionist, certified health coach, plant-based food instructor, and a certified personal trainer. My passion is helping people like you transition to a plant-based diet, with easy step-by-step strategies that work. I'm committed to empowering you to heal through a plant-based lifestyle so you can freely live out your God-given purpose and thrive. Let's start today!
Join The Conversation!
Hey Mel! What brand of Carob powder do you use? Thanks 😁
Hey Regena, I’m not loyal to a particular brand–just whatever I can get on sale. Here’s an affiliate link to one that I’ve used before: https://amzn.to/3DAUueu. You can also find this product and many others I use on my “Resources” page at https://choosingmyhealth.com/resources/