Spiced Buckwheat Oat Porridge
Creamy, filling, and deeply satisfying, this spiced buckwheat porridge is the perfect nutritious start to any morning. Top with fruit and nuts and indulge.
Recipe: Spiced Buckwheat Oat Porridge
Ready In: 20 minutes
Good For: Breakfast
Cuisine: Gluten-Free, Vegan
- 2 cups of buckwheat groats
- 1 cup of oats
- 5 cups of water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 7 cloves
- 1 tsp of fresh lemon juice
- dash of salt
1. Rinse buckwheat groats and oats add to a large mixing bowl and soak overnight in 1tsp of fresh lemon juice.
2. In the morning, boil 5 cups of water with cinnamon stick, bay leaf, and cloves for 10 minutes, then turn on low.
3. Remove spices.
4. Next, add semi drained buckwheat groats to the pot and let come to a boil (add more water if necessary) until contents in pot thicken, and turn on low for 10-15 minutes.
5. Uncover and serve. Top with milk, fresh fruit, almond butter and/or nuts.
For a thinner porridge, add more liquid. For a thicker porridge, add less liquid.
Did you make this recipe? Tag @choosingmyhealth on Instagram and hashtag it #choosingmyhealth
Want to transition to a plant-based diet without all the fuss?
I'll give you a FREE 3-part email series packed with 15+ years of my life-tested strategies to JUMPSTART your plant-based game for the win!
In the future, you'll also receive tips, recipes and resources to thrive on a plant-based diet. Your information is secure and will not be shared. Unsubscribe at any time.
Hey friend, I'm Mel!
I'm a certified holistic nutritionist, certified health coach, plant-based food instructor, and a certified personal trainer. My passion is helping people like you transition to a plant-based diet, with easy step-by-step strategies that work. I'm committed to empowering you to heal through a plant-based lifestyle so you can freely live out your God-given purpose and thrive. Let's start today!
Join The Conversation!