Easy Chipotle Black Beans
This Easy Chipotle Black Bean recipe is quick and delicious with just the right amount of chipotle heat! Use as a topping, or mash for a chunky black bean dip.
Recipe: Easy Chipotle Black Beans
Ready In: 20 minutes
Good For: Lunch, Dinner
Cuisine: Gluten-Free, Oil-Free, Vegan
- 3 cups cooked black beans
- 1 small onion – chopped
- 4 garlic cloves – minced
- 1/3 cup bell pepper – chopped
- 1 TBS chipotle seasoning
- 1/4 cup water or veggie broth
- Cayenne Pepper (optional for extra heat)
- 2 TBS scallions or cilantro
- Salt to taste
- Add about 1/4 cup of water or vegetable broth to a pan on medium heat, and sauté your onion and garlic until fragrant and slightly transparent.
- Next, add bell peppers and cook until slightly soft.
- Next, add chipotle seasoning and stir.
- Now add black beans, coconut aminos, and salt. If desired, add a tad bit of water or vegetable broth for a thinner consistency, 1 tablespoon at a time (adjust salt if necessary).
- Top with scallions or cilantro. Tastes amazing with Loaded Sweet Potatoes.
– Batch cook black beans at the top of the week to use in multiple dishes throughout the week.
– If ingredients start to stick to pan while stirring, simply add a splash of water or veggie broth, so ingredients don’t burn.
Did you make this recipe? Tag @choosingmyhealth on Instagram and hashtag it #choosingmyhealth
Want to transition to a plant-based diet without all the fuss?
I'll give you a FREE 3-part email series packed with 15+ years of my life-tested strategies to JUMPSTART your plant-based game for the win!
In the future, you'll also receive tips, recipes and resources to thrive on a plant-based diet. Your information is secure and will not be shared. Unsubscribe at any time.
Hey friend, I'm Mel!
I'm a certified holistic nutritionist, certified health coach, plant-based food instructor, and a certified personal trainer. My passion is helping people like you transition to a plant-based diet, with easy step-by-step strategies that work. I'm committed to empowering you to heal through a plant-based lifestyle so you can freely live out your God-given purpose and thrive. Let's start today!
Join The Conversation!