Carob Banana Mint Ice Cream
Who’s always in the mood for Ice cream? 🙋🏽♀️So imagine how ecstatic I was when I discovered I could make it out of bananas. This Carob Banana Mint Ice CreamIt’s EASY. All you need are frozen bananas, and the add-ins are totally up to you (minus pepper…unless you wanna go Jason-style and mistake the cayenne pepper bottle for cinnamon 🙅🏽♀️ 🥴 🥵 ).
I was in the mood for a mint chocolate chip flavor, and this hit the spot. If you don’t have mint leaves, it’s still really really good without them. Get creative, have fun, and nourish your body.
Recipe: Carob Banana Mint Ice Cream
Prep Time: 15 minutes (+ 2 hrs freeze time)
Good For: Dessert
- 4 frozen bananas
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 10 mint leaves
- 2 tb carob powder
- 4 pitted dates
- 1 tb almond butter (optional)
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender or food processor. Start with low speed and then increase to high.
- Stop to scrape sides when necessary or use tamper if using a blender. If things get a little “stuck”, add 1 TBS of plant-based milk at a time (carefully though because too much will turn it into a smoothie).
- Eat as is, or scoop into a pyrex dish and freeze for about 2 hours to harden.
- Top with granola, coconut flakes, and/or carob chips.
*peel ripe, but not overly ripe, bananas and place into a zip lock bag, and freeze. I like to keep a batch frozen ahead of time for Ice cream and smoothies.
Did you make this recipe? Tag @choosingmyhealth on Instagram and hashtag it #choosingmyhealth
Three Game-Changers I Wish I Knew
BEFORE GOING PLANT-BASED
Want to transition to a plant-based diet without all the fuss?
I'll give you a FREE 3-part email series packed with 15+ years of my life-tested strategies to JUMPSTART your plant-based game for the win!
In the future, you'll also receive tips, recipes and resources to thrive on a plant-based diet. Your information is secure and will not be shared. Unsubscribe at any time.
Hey friend, I'm Mel!
I'm a certified holistic nutritionist, certified health coach, plant-based food instructor, and a certified personal trainer. My passion is helping people like you transition to a plant-based diet, with easy step-by-step strategies that work. I'm committed to empowering you to heal through a plant-based lifestyle so you can freely live out your God-given purpose and thrive. Let's start today!
Join The Conversation!