Spicy Eggplant Taco Meat
This Spicy Eggplant Taco Meat is a delicious filling for tacos, burritos, stuffed baked sweet potatoes–just about anything! Enjoy them paired with ground walnut meat and stretchy vegan mozzarella cheese for some amazing double stuffed sweet potatoes! Vegan, gluten-free, and oil-free.
This recipe is featured on my Youtube channel, in the Double Stuffed Sweet Potatoes video.
Try this recipe and let me know how you like it! Leave a comment and don’t forget to tag a photo #choosingmyhealth on Instagram. Enjoy, friends!
Note: This recipe may include affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. See affiliate disclosure for more.
Recipe: Spicy Eggplant Taco Meat
Ready In: 25 mins
Good For: Lunch, Dinner
Cuisine: Gluten-Free, Vegan, Oil-Free
- 1 medium-sized eggplant
- 1 red bell pepper
- ¼ cup coconut aminos
- ½ cup water
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 tsp chipotle powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp thyme
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 tsp lemon
- ½ tsp mustard powder (optional)
- Prepare marinade by adding all ingredients into a large bowl and mix well.
- Dice eggplant and red bell pepper into very small cubes and add to marinade. Mix well and let it marinate for 15 minutes.
- When done marinating, heat a wok or non-stick pan with a little water or veggie broth and saute eggplant, stirring frequently for 15 minutes. Add splashes of water or veggie broth if it starts to stick to the pan to prevent burning.
- Enjoy on top of pizza, in tacos, burritos, and stuffed in baked sweet potatoes (see notes).
- Enjoy this eggplant taco meat stuffed in baked sweet potatoes, along with walnut meat and vegan mozzarella cheese for a flavorful trio!
- If making double stuffed sweet potatoes, bake 4 sweet potatoes at 425 degrees for 45 minutes or until tender. Stuff baked potato with eggplant taco meat, topped with walnut meat, and vegan mozzarella cheese and bake for 3-5 minutes or until layers meld (keep an eye out so walnut meat doesn’t burn).
- Eggplant taco meat keeps in the fridge for 4-5 days.
Did you make this recipe? Tag @choosingmyhealth on Instagram and hashtag it #choosingmyhealth
Three Game-Changers I Wish I Knew
BEFORE GOING PLANT-BASED
Want to transition to a plant-based diet without all the fuss?
I'll give you a FREE 3-part email series packed with 15+ years of my life-tested strategies to JUMPSTART your plant-based game for the win!
In the future, you'll also receive tips, recipes and resources to thrive on a plant-based diet. Your information is secure and will not be shared. Unsubscribe at any time.
Hey friend, I'm Mel!
I'm a certified holistic nutritionist, certified health coach, plant-based food instructor, and a certified personal trainer. My passion is helping people like you transition to a plant-based diet, with easy step-by-step strategies that work. I'm committed to empowering you to heal through a plant-based lifestyle so you can freely live out your God-given purpose and thrive. Let's start today!
Join The Conversation!
I had an eggplant I needed to use before it went bad, so I was glad to see that you incorporated it into this recipe. I didn’t have walnuts but I used pecans for the taco meat and it the meal came out great!
Happy you made it your own and that you enjoyed!!
This is so good with the double stuffed sweet potatoes that even my meat eating husband likes it.
That’s awesome Cheryl! Happy to hear!