Vegan Mozzarella Cheese
This homemade, stretchy vegan mozzarella cheese is easy and only requires a few ingredients! Enjoy in a grilled cheese sandwich, on top of pizza, on top of double stuffed sweet potatoes paired with Spicy Eggplant Taco Meat–anything! Vegan, gluten-free, and oil-free!
Recipe: Vegan Mozzarella Cheese
Ready In: 15 mins
Good For: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Cuisine: Gluten-Free, Vegan, Oil-Free
- ½ cup cashews (soaked)
- 4 tbs tapioca starch
- 1 ⅓ cups water
- 1 tbs fresh lemon juice (about ½ a lemon)
- 1 tbs apple cider vinegar (also called ACV)
- 1 tsp salt
- Soak cashews overnight, or pour about 2 cups of hot water over cashews and let them soak for 15 minutes or more.
- Drain the cashews and add to a blender along with fresh water, lemon juice, ACV, salt, and tapioca starch.
- Blend until very smooth.
- Pour soupy mixture into a small pot and raise to medium heat, and stir for a few minutes until clumpy, and more until you get a nice, thick, goopy stretch of cheese.
- Remove from heat as soon as you have your stretchy cheese (or else it will get too thick and be difficult to work with).
- Best used right away, since it will become less stretchy in the fridge.
- Enjoy on top of pizza, lasagna, or on top of double-stuffed sweet potatoes with this Spicy Eggplant Taco Meat.
Keeps in fridge for 4-5 days.
Did you make this recipe? Tag @choosingmyhealth on Instagram and hashtag it #choosingmyhealth
Three Game-Changers I Wish I Knew
BEFORE GOING PLANT-BASED
Want to transition to a plant-based diet without all the fuss?
I'll give you a FREE 3-part email series packed with 15+ years of my life-tested strategies to JUMPSTART your plant-based game for the win!
In the future, you'll also receive tips, recipes and resources to thrive on a plant-based diet. Your information is secure and will not be shared. Unsubscribe at any time.
Hey friend, I'm Mel!
I'm a certified holistic nutritionist, certified health coach, plant-based food instructor, and a certified personal trainer. My passion is helping people like you transition to a plant-based diet, with easy step-by-step strategies that work. I'm committed to empowering you to heal through a plant-based lifestyle so you can freely live out your God-given purpose and thrive. Let's start today!
Join The Conversation!