Vegan Mozzarella Cheese
This homemade, stretchy vegan mozzarella cheese is easy and only requires a few ingredients! Enjoy in a grilled cheese sandwich, on top of pizza, on top of double stuffed sweet potatoes paired with Spicy Eggplant Taco Meat–anything! Vegan, gluten-free, and oil-free!
This recipe is featured on my Youtube channel, in the Double Stuffed Sweet Potatoes video.
Try this recipe and let me know how you like it! Leave a comment and don’t forget to tag a photo #choosingmyhealth on Instagram. Enjoy, friends!
Recipe: Vegan Mozzarella Cheese
Ready In: 15 mins
Good For: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Cuisine: Gluten-Free, Vegan, Oil-Free
- ½ cup cashews (soaked)
- 4 tbs tapioca starch
- 1 ⅓ cups water
- 1 tbs fresh lemon juice (about ½ a lemon)
- 1 tbs apple cider vinegar (also called ACV)
- 1 tsp salt
- Soak cashews overnight, or pour about 2 cups of hot water over cashews and let them soak for 15 minutes or more.
- Drain the cashews and add to a blender along with fresh water, lemon juice, ACV, salt, and tapioca starch.
- Blend until very smooth.
- Pour soupy mixture into a small pot and raise to medium heat, and stir for a few minutes until clumpy, and more until you get a nice, thick, goopy stretch of cheese.
- Remove from heat as soon as you have your stretchy cheese (or else it will get too thick and be difficult to work with).
- Best used right away, since it will become less stretchy in the fridge.
- Enjoy on top of pizza, lasagna, or on top of double-stuffed sweet potatoes with this Spicy Eggplant Taco Meat.
Keeps in fridge for 4-5 days.
Did you make this recipe? Tag @choosingmyhealth on Instagram and hashtag it #choosingmyhealth
Three Game-Changers I Wish I Knew
BEFORE GOING PLANT-BASED
Want to transition to a plant-based diet without all the fuss?
I'll give you a FREE 3-part email series packed with 15+ years of my life-tested strategies to JUMPSTART your plant-based game for the win!
In the future, you'll also receive tips, recipes and resources to thrive on a plant-based diet. Your information is secure and will not be shared. Unsubscribe at any time.
Hey friend, I'm Mel!
I'm a certified holistic nutritionist, certified health coach, plant-based food instructor, and a certified personal trainer. My passion is helping people like you transition to a plant-based diet, with easy step-by-step strategies that work. I'm committed to empowering you to heal through a plant-based lifestyle so you can freely live out your God-given purpose and thrive. Let's start today!
Join The Conversation!
Just saw you on Chef AJ – you are amazing! I’m going to try your mozzarella recipe. I love your encouragement for us all to fill the purpose God has for us. God bless you and your family!
Thank you, Cathy! So glad you were able to watch and so pleased that you were blessed and encouraged. Thanks for the blessings returned ☺️
I want to go plant base and I tried, but every time I want to try a vegetable it is not good for cod ( Chronic Kidney Disease. What can you do to help me to get started with plant base foods that will help me with stage 4 kidney disease?